Saturday, November 08, 2008

Cosmic Chocolate: Cinnamon + Roses

I generally don't spend more than $4 on a bar of chocolate unless, of course, it's one that I haven't tried and there are edible flowers involved. (Or bacon - but that would be fodder for a different kind of blog.)

I found this bar of Cinnamon + Roses milk chocolate from Cosmic Chocolate at a local Frenchy shop. I was weary of the cinnamon and rose combination; I have found this to create some kind of odd, indescribable and non-flowery taste (When I tried - and failed - to make rose-flavored Snickerdoodles). But, alas, I am no professional chocolatier.

The chocolate is actual quite good. For milk chocolate. But the roses were nowhere to be found. The cinnamon had a slight floral note but I didn't pick up rosy-ness. I guess I want a $7 chocolate bar to taste rosy when it has roses in it!

Cosmic also make these spa-inspired truffles with flavors like Lavender Honey, Jasmine Orange and Chamomile Green Tea. But I'm not certain how flowery they would be.

2 comments:

cindy said...

i think i might agree if i tasted it. i don't think the cinnamon AND roses and chocolate would go together. maybe if they did white chocolate the rose would come through...and it would be pretty! not a fan of the white chocolate though! lol!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, as i was searching the internet today yet again for a favorite brand of acacia gum that doesn't seem to be produced anymore, i discovered this blog! this has to be one of the most wonderful things i've seen in a long time, it makes me so happy that it exists. i will certainly be checking it out regularly from now on!